It can sometimes be difficult to find Finnish ingredients in our grocery stores here in the United States. However, nowadays just about anything can be ordered online! One of my new favorite online resources is a great website called NordicNordic. I used their lingonberry powder to make this quick and easy recipe for Lingonberry Granola.
The powder is made from dehydrated ground lingonberries and is packed with antioxidants. It is made without additives, artificial colors or preservatives and is raw, vegan, and paleo. One tablespoon of this lingonberry powder contains more than 300 berries! Since I can’t find fresh lingonberries in New York City, ordering this product from NordicNordic helps me get my fix.
This recipe for Lingonberry Granola was adapted from the Berry Power Granola recipe on the NordicNordic website. I love to serve it over Greek yogurt for breakfast or maybe with a scoop of ice cream for dessert!
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup sunflower kernels
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup NordicNordic lingonberry powder
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup dried lingonberries
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine rolled oats, coconut flakes, sunflower kernels, sliced almonds and pecans. Add oil, honey, water, lingonberry powder, vanilla extract and salt. Coat thoroughly and pour onto a large baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes, stir and bake for 10 minutes more. Add dried lingonberries, stir to combine and bake for 5 additional minutes until golden. Cool completely and store in an airtight container.
- Serve with Greek-style yogurt.